The Best Laminate Floor Cleaner from the Home Flooring Pros
In our laminate flooring care and maintenance guide we walk you through the best way to clean laminate floors. To summarize, getting laminate clean is a two-step process. Vacuuming picks up the loose debris, and mopping removes the stubborn dirt and mess. So when it comes to buying the best laminate floor cleaner your research should focus on two areas:
- Finding the best vacuum cleaner for laminate flooring (which incidentally will work just as well for hardwood, tile or any hard surface).
- Finding the best laminate floor cleaning solution to spray on to your floor.
In this Home Flooring Pros guide we give our reviews of the best options in both categories.
The Best Tools for Cleaning Laminate
As discussed the process of cleaning laminate is pretty straight forward, remove dirt and debris before cleaning with a light spray of cleaning solution . So let’s take a look at three of the best household tools for this two step process.
Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Upright Vacuum: The top multi-floor vacuum cleaner
If you’ve got carpeting and hard surfaces to clean and want to cut down on expense and limit the need for storage space, then choosing one machine for all your flooring surfaces is the way to go. Dyson is one of the world’s premium vacuum cleaner companies, and its DC65 has earned its reputation as a top-rated multi-floor vacuum making it a top cleaner for laminate floors.
Note: If you’ve got furry pets, consider the DC65 Animal. It is the same machine at a slightly higher cost and with additional attachments for handling pet hair on floors and upholstery.
Here’s what you get with the Dyson DC65 Multi Floor vacuum:
- Powerful and proven V4 engine with Radial Root Cyclone technology that creates dynamic suction
- 245 airwatts suction is among the highest in the industry
- Patented Dyson Ball technology that offers smooth maneuvering
- Self-adjusting cleaner head automatically rises or lowers when transitioning from one type of flooring to another while maintaining the proper suction seal
- The HEPA filter is washable; the machine is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America for having advanced filtration
- Accessories: stair tool and combination accessory tool (the DC65 Animal and Complete versions are the same machine with more accessories)
- .55 gallons dust bin capacity is average-sized for upright vacuum cleaners
- 35-foot cord offers outstanding reach
- Weighs 17.4lbs
- 5-year warranty on parts and labor is longer than the industry average
Dyson DC65 Multi Floor Upright vacuum price: $399-$489 from various sellers.
Prolux Ion Battery Powered Bagless Stick Vac Electric Broom: The top hard floor vacuum cleaner
If you’ve got lots of hard floors, whether laminate, vinyl, tile, natural stone or concrete, then a lightweight and cordless vacuum cleaner is the ideal tool. That’s what Prolux delivers in style with the Ion cordless stick vacuum. Here are its top features:
- An upright vacuum design with detachable handheld unit that is ideal for quick cleanup of small messes or for use in a vehicle
- Will stand on its own – no leaning required
- Slim, low-profile design makes it easy to reach far beneath furniture pieces
- Headlights enhance visibility in poorly lit areas
- Weighs 6lbs, light enough to be raised to reach cobwebs in ceiling corners
- 24 minutes of vacuuming on full charge, longer than the industry average of 15-20 minutes
- Bagless design with detachable dust bin having capacity enough to clean several rooms without emptying
- 3-in-1 accessory tool for dusting, cleaning upholstery and reaching into crevices
- Warranty varies based on where you buy it, but most common warranty is two years on the motor and one year on all other parts
Prolux Ion Bagless Cordless Stick vacuum price: $139-$189 from various sellers
O-Cedar Microfiber Flip Mop Damp/Dry All Surface Mop: The top microfiber mop
Once the vacuuming has been done, this mop can be used damp or with a laminate flooring cleaner to loosen stuck debris and deliver a sanitizing clean when you want it. Or, you can leave the vacuum cleaner in the closet and dust/sweep with this tool for day-to-day cleaning.
Highly rated by customers, the O-Cedar all floor microfiber mop is suitable for all hard surfaces and works with a range of cleaning products. Here’s what this microfiber mop offers:
- Flip design means the mop pad can be rotated to get longer use between washing
- Pad can be washed up to 100 times before replacement is needed
- Pad is 19” wide and 6” front-to-back
- Refill pads are available for $8-$10
- Swiveling head enhances maneuverability and multi-directional cleaning
- Safe for laminate and hardwood because it doesn’t leave excess moisture behind
- Handle is 48” (non-telescoping) for easy use by most people
- Weighs less than 2lbs
O-Cedar Microfiber Flip Mop price: $12-$24 from various sellers
The Best Laminate Floor Cleaners (Cleaning Solutions)
When you want a more thorough clean than vacuuming alone can provide, these cleaners will do the job. They’re sprayed on and wiped up, and each works well with the O-Cedar microfiber mop reviewed above.
Bruce Laminate and Hardwood Floor Cleaner: This popular floor cleaning solution is available in a 32oz spray bottle and a 64oz refill. Here is an overview of its top features:
- Formulated to loosen and lift soil from laminate and hardwood finishes
- No rinsing needed, and it won’t leave a dulling residue behind
- Spray-on, mop-up ease
- Useful for full-floor and spot cleaning
- Ready to use without mixing
- Designed for floors that have not been waxed
- Made in the USA
Bruce Hardwood & Laminate Floor Cleaner offers several buying options from various retailers:
32oz spray bottle: $12-$16
64oz refill bottle: $14-$17
Spray and refill combo pack: $34-$40
2-pack 64oz refill: $27-$35
4-pack 64oz refill: $58-$70
Black Diamond Wood and Laminate Floor Cleaner: This cleaner offers similar features to the Bruce cleaner at a competitive price. It has an equally high rating from users. The top features of the Black Diamond Wood and Laminate floor cleaner are:
- Hypoallergenic, biodegradable formula is safe for kids and pets
- Streak-free cleaning without rinsing
- Spray and wipe spots; spray and dry-mop larger areas
- Effectively cuts oil and tough stains
- Formulated for all hardwood and laminate surfaces
- Proprietary PS3 poly shield additive keeps floors shiny and easier to dust
- Made in the USA
You’ve got several buying choices including these popular options:
32oz spray bottle: $7-$10
32oz spray bottle 2-pack: $13-$20
1gal (128oz) refill: $18-$24
1gal refill plus 2-32oz spray bottles: $37-$45
Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate Floor Cleaner
This is another US-made product that is safe for all laminate flooring plus sealed stone and tile. Users also report it is ideal for vinyl and LVT flooring, but you might want to check with the manufacturer first before using it on vinyl. Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate cleaner is not recommended for hardwood flooring. The company makes a hardwood cleaner too.
The top features of the Bona Stone, Tile & Laminate floor cleaner are:
- Pre-mixed for ease of use
- Spray and wipe / spray and mop
- Quick-dry formula
- Cleans without leaving streaks or a sticky film (unless you use an excessive amount which might streak and require a damp cloth to remove the residue)
- Ideal for use with the Bona microfiber mop
Like the others, Bona floor cleaner is available in several buying choices including:
32oz spray: $11-$14
1gal (128oz) refill: $19-$25
Floor mop with 33oz cleaner cartridge: $41-$48
You may also be interested in our guide to the best vacuums for tile floors where we review the best cleaning machines for tile and other hard flooring.
Tags: laminate cleaning